Saturday, February 13, 2016

I'm not afraid of EFCC, ICPC - Fayose



Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has said that he is not afraid of being investigated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission or the Independent Corrupt Practices and Others.


Speaking during the foundation laying ceremony of the multi-billion naira Erekesan Market in Ado-Ekiti, Fayose said he would fulfill all his promises to the people of the state, adding that due process was being followed in the execution of his projects.

He said, “I will concentrate on my work and would not be distracted by anybody making effort to discredit my government. I’m ready for any investigation from anybody; ICPC or EFCC, a man with good intentions fears no foe.

“I know that I have so many enemies and that is why I have been following due process in all my dealings. There are enemies for me when I sleep and when I wake up, so I have to be careful. I don’t want my enemies to latch on to technicalities to get at me.

“Ekiti is the only state where people want to discredit any good thing you want to do. As a leader, you must be fearless as long as your agenda is for development. I’m assuring you that in spite of the harsh economic situation, I’ll fulfill my promises in the budget and I’ve got more for you. You aren’t seeing anything yet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment