Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Lawmaker denies sponsoring attack on APC guber aspirant


A member of the House of Representatives, Kolawole Babatunde, has debubked the claim that he launch attack on an All Progressives Congress, APC, governorship aspirant in Ondo state, Segun Abraham.Abraham was penultimate week attacked by suspected party thugs at Iwaro Oka-Akoko, where he had gone to meet likely delegates of the party.

Five vehicles in his convoy were damaged by the hoodlums while some of his supporters sustained different degrees of injuries.

Supporters of Abraham have since accused Kolawole, who represents Akoko South-east/ Akoko South-west Federal constituency in the National Assembly of being responsible.

The Lawmaker said: “I wouldn’t know why I was accused because I was not in Akoko when the attack took place. I was in Abuja. I was called that our leader, Mr. Segun Abraham, was attacked and that my boys were seen there with the vehicle I gave them.

“The boys were alleged to be responsible for the condemnable act. The first thing I did was to ask them on what ground did they think I was involved in it. When I came back home, I called the boys to order and asked them the true position of things.

“I was reliably informed that the meeting was allowed to take place peacefully. At the end of the meeting, some party members, in their usual manner, demanded for money. But Chief Segun Abraham was not ready to play ball. That was what provoked the crisis.

“My boys said they were not in anyway involved, though they saw the vehicle I gave to them. The vehicle is for the party. I used it to empower them, to ease transportation and promote my party in my constituency.”

No comments:

Post a Comment