Monday, December 28, 2015

Rafael Nadal is working hard to regain ATP No1 ranking

Nadal failed to win a Grand Slam title during 2015 - the first time he has gone a year without landing a slam since 2005 - but there have been signs in recent months that he is returning to top form.

The 29-year-old, a 14-time Grand Slam champion, picked up three titles during the year and ended the season ranked fifth in the ATP rankings.


The Spaniard picked up wins over Stan Wawrinka, Andy Murray and David Ferrer at the season-ending ATP World Tour Finals in London before losing to world number one Novak Djokovic, and is optimistic as he looks ahead to 2016.

"I have tried to improve many things during my career and I'm working hard to be a better player," said Nadal, who at time of writing is 10/1 with bet365 to win next month's Australian Open.

"And if I am a better player for sure I will have the chance to play a bit longer.

"I think it's obvious that I did not have the best season possible, but I am number five in the world so actually it's not a disaster.

"I don't know if I'm going to get back to number one in the world. I'm working hard to create opportunities to compete for the best tournaments and I'm working so hard to try to make that happen."


No comments:

Post a Comment