Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Release my mother and I 'll forgive you - Igiri tells abductors

The deputy candidate of the All Progressive Congress APC in the forthcoming  Bayelsa gubernatorial elections, Chief Wilberforce Igiri  has called on abductors of his 105 year old mother to release her and promise to accept their forgiveness.

   He said: “Let me say I want to thank the youths involved in the abduction of my mother. The incident was timely. It shows that those youths were not encouraged by the present administration.
“I don’t blame them. Let them bring out my mother and I will forgive them. I have discovered that if they had been engaged and empowered through proper education and youths empowerment policies, they would not have done what they did. I believe my mother is coming back.”
He also called on supporters of the APC in the state to avoid campaign of calumny and name calling, insisting the APC campaign would be issue-based.
“Don’t insult anybody. We believe in issue-based campaigns. Let them be backbiting and we will keep moving forward,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment