Friday, April 17, 2015

Tennis: Novac Djokovic beats Cilic in a near flawless display at Monte Carlo

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic moved to a perfect 12-0 record over Marin Cilic on Friday at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters as he reached the semi-finals with a 6-0, 6-3 victory.

"The first set went completely my way," said Djokovic, who won the first eight games of the match. "I knew he was going to start to change some things in his game so he could start to play a little bit better. But I made a crucial break at the beginning of the second. The first eight games were really fantastic. I tried to keep it up, [but] I did drop in the concentration a little bit."
The Serb will face either eight-time champion Rafael Nadal or David Ferrer on Saturday as he bids to reach the final at the Monte-Carlo Country Club for the fourth time. He finished runner-up in 2009 and 2012 before lifting the trophy in 2013 with victory over Nadal.
“It's probably the biggest clay court challenge you can have, playing against Nadal or Ferrer. Both of these guys have had so much success on this surface, especially Rafa, this tournament in particular.
"I [have] got to prepare myself mentally for that. Other than the mental part, I think physically I'm ready. I'm not exhausted. I haven't spent too much time on the court. Also, I'm feeling the ball really well. Hopefully, I can perform well. I know that I'm going to need to keep the high level of performance throughout the entire match tomorrow."
The 27-year-old Djokovic is currently on a 15-match winning streak after becoming the first player to complete a third Indian Wells-Miami sweep during the March Masters.

Source. ATP world

No comments:

Post a Comment