Saturday, March 21, 2015

Election: My life under threat, PDP chieftain cries out

A PDP chieftain in Ogun State, Prince Dele Ajayi, has alleged threat to his life by the Chairman, PDP Southwest Mobilization Committee, Prince Buruji Kashamu, who recently used the police to arrest and detain him for four days. Addressing select journalists in Sagamu, Ogun State on Wednesday, Ajayi, a former vice chairman, Ijebu North Local Government Area under the leadership of the immediate past Governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, noted that his grouse with the Ogun East Senatorial District candidate in the forthcoming elections stemmed from his court action instituted before a Federal High Court, Abeokuta,
challenging the eligibility of Kashamu, who he claimed has no educational school certificate and also, being a convicted person in a US Court.

Ajayi, an Ago-Iwoye Prince, disclosed that he was having a meeting with his PDP party supporters last Saturday, March 14 around 3:30p.m until he was informed that someone was looking for him from Zone 2 Police Command headquarters, Onikan, Lagos.

“Since I have no skeleton in my cupboard I was bold enough to ask one of my supporters to usher in the man. Immediately, the man brought out a letter of invitation, asking me to report at Zone 2 Command headquarters, Onikan, Lagos, on Monday, March 16, 2015 by 10:00a.m. Within a jiffy, the number of the policemen had risen to five and they were all bearing AK-47 rifles, but they were clad in mufti, not uniforms and I became apprehensive.
“When I wanted to turn back and meet my supporters they grabbed me and forcibly bundled me into their waiting chartered red colour Toyota Camry Saloon Car and drove me straight to Lagos. They even didn’t allow me to take any money on me, before taking off. I thought they were joking. Initially, I didn’t know they were policemen, because they were all plain-clothed.
“I asked them, what is my offence? If it is Buruji Kashamu’s matter, we are already in court. I told them. But they replied, no! But they insisted that until I get to their Onikan, Lagos office, before they could tell me what my offence was. Truly, when we got to their office, they confirmed it was Kashamu who petitioned the office of the Assistant Inspector General (AIG) of Police, alleging that I claimed that, he doesn’t possess educational qualification requirements/certificates and also, he is a convicted person in a US court. And as a result, he is not eligible to contest the Ogun East Senatorial seat in the forthcoming polls.
“What I know is that the matter is in court; that the person who wants to represent us (Ogun East Senatorial district) at the Upper Chamber of the National Assembly on PDP platform should be qualified. In our senatorial district in the past, we have had Senators Jubril Martins-Kuye, Abraham Adesanya, Biyi Durojaiye and the incumbent senator, Adegbenga Kaka. So, what is Kashamu’s qualification to represent us? He should show the public his educational certificates, even at least his Primary School Leaving Certificate and the schools he went. Is he the type of person to be voted for? That was my offence.
“He believes I am his biggest problem because we both hail from the same local government council - Ijebu North. He believes, without me around, he will get what he wants there,” said the Ogun State PDP Leader.

Ajayi, also a former Acting Chairman, Ijebu North Local Council, said he was detained from Saturday after making a statement to Sergeant Dayo and regained his freedom on Tuesday afternoon.
In the early hours of Tuesday morning, Ajayi added that he gathered that the Ogun East Senatorial candidate had made a sudden show at Ago-Iwoye, boasting to the people who cared to listen to him that he had caged me, their leader that and that I won’t be released until after the general elections. He bragged he had power and influence to incarcerate me.
However, Ajayi has vowed to take up a legal action for his arbitrary and illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment